The Center was founded in 1985 in an effort to go beyond the traditional “peace movement” and bring peace and justice concerns to a local mainstream audience. Its achievements over the years have included:
- the 1988 Gettysburg Peace Symposium;
- a performance of the musical Peace Child in 1988;
- Rainbow Theater for local high school students in 1990;
- retreats on Nicaragua, on grassroots organizing, and on envisioning the future of Adams County;
- a Help Increase the Peace Youth Retreat in 1999;
- the Colors of Love Youth Workshop, a teenage dance and dramatic group, which gave performances on social justice issues;
- and the ongoing activities, including the Heritage Festival, Peace Camp, Let It Begin With Me Conference, Peacemaker Awards, Collinge Lecture, Annual Meeting and Potluck, and the Quarterly Newsletter.
A copy of the ICPJ Annals-in-progress (1985-2023), thanks to Bill Collinge, can be found here.
A copy of the ICPJ By-Laws, last revised in November 2017, can be found here (By-Laws revised 2017).